Resources for Postdoctoral Scholars
Ethics issues for postdocs can be extraordinarily complex: you already have your Ph.D. but are still participating in research as a mentee and strengthening your leadership skills. NCPRE is here to help you find information on research ethics in the sciences that will help you learn and address ethics issues that you encounter in this transitional role. Here are some places where you might want to start exploring:
- What is Research Ethics?
- Introductory Topic Packets
- Mythic Mentoring
- How to Blow the Whistle and Still Have a Career Afterwards
Tools for developing programs on responsible conduct of research for postdocs
- K. Flin. (2010). RCR for Postdocs: Promoting Ethical Professional Development.
- K. Flin. (2010). Responsible Conduct of Research Toolkit.
- National Postdoctoral Association
- The Lab, a very well-done interactive short film that you can experience through the perspective of one of the four main characters: a graduate student, a postdoctoral scholar, a research project PI (principal investigator), and a university Research Integrity Officer.
- Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research
- On Being a Scientist
- The Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Research
- Content Collection: Mentoring Advice